Pluck is a small cms (content management system), that aims to be as simple as possible. With pluck, you can manage your own website easily, without the need to involve yourself with programming languages, and without the need for a database. Pluck is a 'flat-file' content managment system, meaning that all the pages are stored right on your website, making your whole website more portable.
Installation is a breeze, and even more so if your web host has softaculous.
Licensed under the terms of the General Public License, pluck is completely open source. This allows you to do with the software whatever you want, as long as the software stays open source.
Pluck is packed with some nice features, from which we've listed the most important ones on this page. To try everything live, take a look at our demo.
- create an unlimited amount of pages
- create your own blog
- create an album to show images or photos to your visitors
- include a contact form in your page(s)
For web designers and developers
Pluck has also been developed with web designers and developers in mind. Just a few advantages:
- Your clients will love the easy-to-use interface. No more need to spend hours teaching them how to manage their website!
- The simple yet powerful theming system allows you to integrate your HTML-layouts with pluck in a matter of minutes.
- The flexible module system enables you to integrate your own functionality with ease.
With many open source projects, especially single author projects, and the excitement and development happens when it's 'new and shiny', and then the developers get busy with other projects, and they get neglected. Pluck started in 2005, and is still maintained. It has moved to github, where a team a developers manage it, and contributions are welcomed.
- Long history
- Multiple Developers
- Active Project
- Contributions accepted
Pluck was developed with internationalization in mind. Since it has a long legacy, contribution have been made in several languages, including:
Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish