I use the blog module of Pluck for news on a web site.
I read some old posts, that some people were able to make and add pagination to the blog and blog post stripping to a given lenght. But, unfortunately, I didn't find actual code how to do that, and there were several links given, but they are obsolete /404/
What I want to do is :
1. Display news on a page (currently accomplished - see here http://www.emilpetrov.com/news )
2. Some stripping on the news - i.e. to a limited number of lines or characters, something like that
3. 'Read more' link (currently accomplished)
4. When visitor clicks on an item he gets the full story (full specific news view) - currently it looks the same to me - i.e. the news stories are shown full and there is no matter if you click on the read more link as you get the same text)
5. Strip large pictures to be available only in full news view. As you can see even big pictures show now in the list with news, which is very unpleasant. If thumbnails can be used somehow it would be great, if not - I would like only to show pictures, when a visitor reads the full story (blog post)
6. Separate the news into pages, i.e. 10 or 20 news per page
I would greatly appreciate any help. I know some people already did some or all of the features above, I hope they still read this forum
Now one of my articles in news says there is a hacking attempt and does not load
Becouse many people ask on this forum about blog module - pagination and more, i have modified module to do so...
Pagination, configuration, short messages...
Code dont look as good as should but its working.
I also added bloglinks module to this pack.